Connect with us

Uncategorized

If Jonathan joins APC, it’d be one of the wonders of this century. APC will find it hard to sell him – Governor Umahi

Published

on

advert banner

Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi state has reacted to speculation of former President Goodluck Jonathan defecting from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress ahead of the 2023 general elections. 

Umahi who spoke at the state house in Abuja on Tuesday May 10, said the form allegedly purchased for Goodluck Jonathan was gotten to embarass him. 

He further said if the former President joins the ruling party, it would be one of the wonders of the century. Umahi added that it would be difficult for the ruling party to sell Jonathan to Nigerians. 

“Jonathan is my father and God used him and the wife to make me a governor of the state and so, anybody who has done anything for me, I’ve always remained very grateful to such person and I will continue to be very grateful to him, the wife for being available and my destiny helper, to achieve that feat.

“We don’t forget people who have helped us, but on the question of joining, I may not say much about that because I’ve seen a lot of write ups, denials, but if he decides to join and to run, it will, for me, become one of the wonders in this century.

“The reason is that if you go and see the campaign programmes of APC and you now ask President Jonathan to come and run, I don’t know what will be our campaign promises and what will be the stories we’ll be telling Nigerians.

“I believe strongly that he was not aware of the forms and I want to believe that people that are mischievous would have bought the forms to embarrass him.

“But from what I read, he has quickly distanced himself from that. But like I said, if that is not the case, then the Guinness Book of Records is not totally filled up.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Uncategorized

Homeless man allegedly kidnaps prostitute, and rapes her for five days in abandoned building

Published

on

Homeless man allegedly kidnaps prostitute, and rapes her for five days in abandoned building

Homeless man allegedly kidnaps prostitute, and rapes her for five days in abandoned building

A homeless high-level registered male sex offender in New York City who was released from state prison as recently as 2020 has been arrested after state prosecutors say he kidnapped a prostitute and raped her repeatedly while holding her hostage for five days in an abandoned building. 

Timothy Harnett, a 44-year-old homeless man who goes by the nickname “Lawless,” was indicted by New York prosecutors for allegedly kidnapping a 28-year-old woman and raping her several times a day between April 29 and May 2 in an abandoned three-story building, Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark announced. 

“The defendant allegedly held a 28-year-old woman captive for days, raping and beating her with a tire iron. The victim managed to escape with the help of a passerby,” Clark said in a statement. “The defendant has been indicted on multiple charges for terrorizing this woman.”

Prosecutors say the man offered the woman money in exchange for sex and the two went upstairs in the building that had been damaged by a fire.

But when the victim turned her back, the homeless man allegedly hit her on the leg with a tire iron, causing her to fall to the floor. Harnett allegedly continued to beat her with the tire iron and punched her, leaving her with a fractured wrist and dislocated knee. 

While holding the prostitute captive and allegedly raping her several times a day, Harnett is accused of also threatening the woman’s family if she tried to escape.

But she escaped on May 2 when the man left the building to go to a nearby laundromat. 

Prosecutors say the woman used the tire iron to break a window and used the shards of glass to cut through the rope used to tie her feet. 

The victim then waved down a passerby, who dialed 911 and flagged down a New York Police Department patrol car. The woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for her injuries. 

A grand jury was convened Monday, May 23 and police arrested Harnett in a different abandoned building in Harlem. According to the New York DailyNews, Harnett preyed on the victim’s vulnerability, as the woman used money from prostitution to fuel her drug addiction.  

 

The newspaper also revealed that Harnett is a level 3 registered sex offender, which is the highest level in New York state. He has been convicted of sodomy by a Bronx jury and sentenced to 18 years in state prison in the past.

 He also threatened a 15-year-old girl with a razor on May 14, 1999, forcing her into a hotel and holding her captive for several hours while he sexually assaulted her. 

Records show he was released from prison in December 2020 and finished parole in September 2021. 

On Monday, he was indicted on three counts of first-degree kidnapping, second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape, third-degree rape, four counts of first-degree criminal sexual act, four counts of third-degree criminal sexual act, first-degree sexual abuse, attempted sex trafficking, attempted sexual assault in the first degree, and second-degree assault before Bronx Supreme Court Justice Raymond Bruce. 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Police arrest two suspected robbers in Bayelsa, recover firearm

Published

on

Police arrest two suspected robbers in Bayelsa, recover firearm

Police arrest two suspected robbers in Bayelsa, recover firearm

Operatives of the Bayelsa State Police Command have arrested two suspected armed robbers and recovered a Barretta Pistol in their possession.

 

Spokesperson of the command, SP Asinim Butswat, in a statement on Tuesday, May 24, said the suspects were arrested inside a tricycle in Yenagoa. 

 

“The suspects; one Zion Kientei ‘m’ 28 years and one Solomon Deizigha ‘m’ 29 years were arrested inside a Tricycle with MOT Number 7501, during a Stop and Search Operations at the Isaac Boro Express Way, Yenagoa, at about 9:pm on 22 May, 2022,” the statement read. 

Investigation is ongoing and the suspects will be charged to court at the conclusion of the investigation, he added. 

Continue Reading

Uncategorized

Russia loses its highest-ranking pilot yet in Ukraine after he was blasted out of the skies by a stinger missile

Published

on

Russia loses its highest-ranking pilot yet in Ukraine after he was blasted out of the skies by a stinger missile

Russia loses its highest-ranking pilot yet in Ukraine after he was blasted out of the skies by a stinger missile

A Russian Air Force Major General has been killed by Ukrainian forces, making him the highest-ranking fighter pilot to die in the war in Ukraine. 

 

Maj. Gen. Kanamat Botashev, 63, became the 13th general to die in Ukraine when he was hit by a Stinger missile while flying over the Luhansk region on Sunday, sources told BBC Russia.

 

Botashev, 63, had been enjoying retirement when Russian tanks rolled across the border on February 24 and had not flown since 2012.

 

His Su-25 fighter jet was hit by a Stinger missile at around 8:25am on Sunday morning in the Donbas skies, and he was unable to eject.

Russia loses its highest-ranking pilot yet in Ukraine after he was blasted out of the skies by a stinger missile

 

The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported an Su-25 had been downed in Luhansk, and one of Botashev’s former colleagues confirmed his death to BBC Russian Service.

 

Botashev’s former colleague told the BBC that ‘he simply could not stay away’ when offered a chance to fly, but the loss of such a high-ranking, elderly general suggests the Russian air force does not have enough pilots capable of conducting sorties over Ukraine.  

 

The retiree is the 10th Russian general believed to have died already in Ukraine, while more than 40 colonels have been killed in bloody fighting. 

 

The Land Forces of Ukraine meanwhile declared in its latest count on Friday that 204 Russian planes have been destroyed over Ukrainian skies. 

 

News of Botashev’s death broke yesterday on several pro-war Telegram channels, but many of the posts were removed by administrators.

 

 One post reported the general’s death and described how his plane was first damaged by a missile, but was then blasted out of the sky by a Stinger.

 

‘Kanamat died today! Popasnaya district, 8:25… first the plane was hit (by a missile), secondly, bombs – Stinger, at the exit of the attack.

 

‘There was an explosion in the air and… That’s it.’

 

One user posted a tribute to the slain general in the Russian Telegram channel Fighterbomber but this was also removed. 

‘Farewell, commander… There are few people on this planet who lived in the sky as much as you do. The sky takes the best, today it took you,’ the post read, according to the BBC.

 

Born in 1959 in Karachay-Cherkessia, Botashev graduated from the Yeysk Higher Military Aviation Institute and quickly established himself as an excellent pilot, qualifying as a fighter-bomber and rising rapidly through the ranks.

 

Botashev commanded a regiment of the Guards Air Base in Voronezh, a Russian city located roughly 300 miles south of Moscow. 

Continue Reading

Trending