Connect with us

Celebs

8 injured as African national goes on stabbing spree in India

Published

on

8 injured as African national goes on stabbing spree in India

8 injured as African national goes on stabbing spree in India

At least 8 persons were injured in a knife attack by a 50-year-old African national in South Mumbai, India. 

 

The nationality of the suspect cannot be confirmed at the time of filing this report as some Indian media identified him as a Nigerian while others said he is a Kenyan. 

 

Additional Commissioner of Police South Mumbai, Dilip Sawant said the incident took place at Tata Garden near Parsi Well at around 4.10pm on Wednesday evening, June 1. 

 

The suspect identified as John who was allegedly under the influence of drugs pulled out a knife and attacked passersby, the official stated. 

The police were alerted about the incident, following which a team overpowered the man and disarmed him. 

 

As many as eight persons were injured in the attack by the time the police reached the scene, and were later rushed to JJ hospital and GT Hospital for treatment. 

 

The accused has been taken to the Azad Maidan police station, and an FIR will be registered in this regard. 

 

“The reason behind the attack is still not known. We have detained him and questioning is on,” said an officer from Azad Maidan police station. “A case of attempted murder will be registered against the accused.” 

 

Four injured persons – Satish Jagdambe (24), Shamal Gop (28), Anwar Khan (43) and Amin Benjamin Londhe (63), were admitted to the GT Hospital while three others – Sandeep Jadhav (36), Rohan Josheph and Raju Pardeshi – were admitted to JJ Hospital. Khan is said to be grievously injured.

 

Investigators are collecting information about the accused and the reason behind the attack. The police will also check his record from the Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office.

 

A police team was analysing CCTV footage to find out how the crime took place and where did the accused come from before the incident. 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Celebs

Big Bumbum Cannot Keep A Man – Anita Joseph

Published

on

Big Bumbum Cannot Keep A Man – Anita Joseph

Big Bumbum Cannot Keep A Man – Anita Joseph

 

The actress in an Instagram post she shared stated that “big bumbum cannot keep a man”.

This is coming after a lady died after a botched surgery.

She urged women to remain the way they are.

See her post below…

 

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

Continue Reading

Celebs

Police arrest man who allegedly assaulted 10-year-old maid for bedwetting

Published

on

Update: Police arrest man who allegedly assaulted 10-year-old maid for bedwetting

Update: Police arrest man who allegedly assaulted 10-year-old maid for bedwetting

The Federal Capital Territory Police Command has arrested one Nweke Chadikaobi, for allegedly assaulting his 10-year-old maid. 

 

LIB reported that the suspect allegedly assaulted the minor identified as Emmanuel Oluebube, for bedwetting. 

 

Chadikaobi was arrested on Tuesday, June 2, at the Range View Estate in the Dawaki area of Abuja.

 

Spokesperson of the command, Josephine Adeh, who confirmed the development in a statement on Thursday, June 2, said the Commissioner of Police, Babaji Sunday, ordered the arrest of the culprit after a video of the abused minor went viral on social media.

 

“The CP, Babaji Sunday, ordered an immediate investigation and arrest of the suspect and the rescue of the minor for medical attention and other forms of intervention needed in the protection of her human rights and dignity,” the statement read. 

 

The PPRO said the suspect admitted to the crime during interrogation, adding that the victim had been handed over to officials of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP.

 

“The 10-year-old victim was handed over to NAPTIP in order for her to get special care and re-traumatisation.” the spokesperson added. 

 

Continue Reading

Celebs

I Mistakenly Crushed My Wife With Car, Killer Husband Tells Police

Published

on

I Mistakenly Crushed My Wife With Car, Killer Husband Tells Police

I Mistakenly Crushed My Wife With Car, Killer Husband Tells Police

 

The police have arrested a father of seven, Azeez Balogun, over the death of his wife, Tawa, in the Itire area of Ajangbadi, Lagos State.

Punch Metro gathered that Balogun’s neighbours and residents accused him of constantly subjecting Tawa, who was said to be his second wife, to torture, whenever an argument ensued between them.

A day before Tawa’s death, Balogun was said to have beaten her, as neighbours claimed that she screamed for help.

According to report, the deceased gave birth to three children while the first wife had four children. Tawa reportedly cared for all seven children.

A video clip attached to the post showed as residents and neighbours gathered to mourn Tawa’s passing.

The person who recorded the clip lamented that Balogun abandoned his wife’s corpse at his residence and fled.

“See what happened at Itire, Ajangbadi. Husband beat his wife till she died; called his wife’s family members to come and carry her dead body, abandoned the dead body and absconded,” the resident said.

Another resident, while recording himself, said Balogun went to report himself at the Agbara Police Station (Ogun State), adding that Balogun’s neighbours attested to him maltreating his wife.

He said, “We went to Ajangbadi Police Station to report what happened, but the policemen at the station refused to attend to us and asked us to report the matter at the Agbara Police Station.

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said Balogun had been arrested, adding that investigation was ongoing.

 

Follow Us on Facebook – @LadunLiadi; Instagram – @LadunLiadi; Twitter – @LadunLiadi; Youtube – @LadunLiadiTV for updates

Continue Reading

Trending