Connect with us

News

Disturbing video shows Atlanta VA employee attacking a 75-year-old veteran

Published

on

Disturbing video shows Atlanta VA employee attacking a 75-year-old veteran

Disturbing video shows Atlanta VA employee attacking a 75-year-old veteran

A disturbing video shows the moments a Veterans Affairs’ employee pushed an elderly Vietnam veteran into a door and body-slammed him to the ground.

 

Phillip Webb, 73, said he was attacked at the Department of Veterans Affairs Clinic at Fort McPherson in Atlanta on April 28.

 

A video of the attack was obtained by investigative reporter Justin Gray.

 

Gray filed a Freedom of Information Act request and had to wait more than a month and a half to get the surveillance video, which shows a VA patient advocate viciously hit and kick Webb.

 

VA employee Lawrence F. Gaillard Jr. was arrested and charged with the brutal beating.

 

On Monday, June 20, Gray showed Webb the video of the moment he was assaulted.

 

Webb said he doesn’t remember much about the attack.

 

In the video, the two men appear to have a brief argument and Gaillard put his finger up to Webb’s face. When Webb tries to push it away, Gaillard attacks, shoving him against the wall, choking him with both hands around his neck, then body-slamming the elderly veteran to the ground, where he stomps on his head. He then kicks Webb in the head a second time.

 

Webb said he knocked on the door in the waiting room to let Gaillard know he was going to the bathroom. He was waiting to discuss scheduling hernia surgery.

 

“I guess he got upset because I hit at his door,” Webb said.

 

Webb was hospitalized for three days with a brain bleed.

 

Webb said after watching the video of the attack: “He was Mike Tyson-ing me there. I’m just stunned. I don’t know what to say.”

 

The latest information the Atlanta VA has provided on Gaillard is that he is still employed at the hospital, despite his arrest.

 

“For them to let him come back to work, that’s dangerous,” Webb said.

 

The VA issued a statement, saying: “We are horrified at the video of a V.A. employee assaulting a Veteran at the Atlanta VA Health Care System on April 28. This disturbing behavior is contrary to our core values of treating Veterans with the dignity and respect they deserve. We take this matter seriously and will cooperate fully with Fulton County law enforcement.”

 

Gaillard bonded out on the initial charges, which were filed in federal court.

 

In the past few days, the U.S. Attorney’s Office dropped the charges because of jurisdictional issues and turned it over to the Fulton County District Attorney, Fanni Willis, whose office is now leading the investigation.

 

Watch the video below.

 

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

Published

on

Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

  Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

Yrma Lydya, the Mexican singer who was gunned down by her 79-year-old lawyer husband, had been trying to divorce him for two months before he ended up killing her.

The 21-year-old was dining at Suntory, a Japanese restaurant in the Mexican capital’s neighborhood of Benito Juárez when Jesús Hernández shot her inside a private room last Thursday, June 23.

Hernández and his bodyguard, Benjamin Hernández, were taken into custody at the restaurant as they attempted to flee. 

 

  Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

 

Jesús Hernández reportedly tried to bribe arresting police officers into letting him go.

Mexican newspaper Excelsior reported that the late singer approached a known Mexico City law firm in April about beginning the divorce process over alleged incidents of domestic violence, providing photos of her bruised face as evidence.

Lydya filed a police report after Hernández beat her in December 2021. He had also threatened her with a gun on another occasion.

Despite the violent episodes, Lydya decided to give her marriage a second chance.

 

  Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

 

Mexico City security chief, Omar García Harfuch told Milenio news network that Jesús Hernández met with two people at the restaurant at 2pm Thursday. They left the restaurant around 6pm before Lydya arrived.

A witness told Univision news magazine Primer Impacto that Jesús Hernández shot Lydya at point blank range. The third shot he fired struck her head.

The witness sought help from a police officer who was at the restaurant and they were able to restrain Hernández.

 

  Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

 

Both Jesús Hernández and Benjamin Hernández made their initial court appearances Sunday and were ordered held in pretrial detention at a Mexico City prison while authorities continue the investigation.

 

Jesús Hernández’s request to be placed in home confinement because of his age was rejected by a judge at the hearing.

 

  Mexican singer, Yrma Lydya, 21, who was shot dead by her 79-year-old husband, had been trying to divorce him for months

He pleaded not guilty and told the court he did not kill Lydya. The lawyer is expected to appear in court Thursday June 30. 

 

Continue Reading

News

Britain’s fattest man who weighed over 349kg dies aged 37

Published

on

Britain

Britain

A man believed to be the fattest in Britain has died at the age of 37 of organ failure and sepsis.

 

Matthew Crawford, who weighed 55 stone at his heaviest, hit headlines in recent years when he took up an entire bay on a ward and four hospital beds for 18 months because he was too obese to move.

 

There was also uproar in 2018 when it was revealed that his care at King’s Mill Hospital was costing the NHS up to £7,000 a week.

 

Britain

 

It was claimed he habitually used his benefits to order pizzas and Chinese takeaways to be eaten in hospital – something he denied.

 

Britain

 

For much of that time he had been declared medically fit to leave, but was unable to be discharged due to a lack of appropriate social care being available. 

 

An NHS source at the time told The Mirror: ­”Everybody is sick to the back teeth with the situation and it’s about time it was exposed.

 

Britain

 

“There’s nothing medically wrong with Matt now but we’re powerless to get rid of him.

 

“There’s space for four people who need to be on the ward being taken up by one bloke who doesn’t.”

 

A year later he was finally moved into a specially-adapted care facility in December 2019.

 

A friend said Matthew had joined Slimming World in a bid to shed the weight for good.

 

But it has now emerged the 37-year-old Rangers and Lincoln City fan died last week from sepsis and organ failure.

 

Britain

 

Friends have paid tributes to him online as a “great lad” who is “with his father now”.

 

Nicknamed “Fatkid”. his friends reminisced about their time with Mr Crawford in years gone by, with one writing: “Sad news I’ve not seen him in years. Quite a lot younger than us If I remember rightly. RIP.”

 

Another wrote: “I’m actually in shock rest in peace matt now your with your dad causing havoc up there just like you use to do. Guna [sic] miss you buddy.”

 

A third friend said:”Sorry to hear this sad news Matt was a great lad.”

Continue Reading

News

Former Man City captain Fernandinho ‘agrees to join Brazilian club Athletico Paranaense on a two-year deal’ 

Published

on

Former Man City captain Fernandinho

Former Man City captain Fernandinho

Manchester City legend, Fernandinho has reportedly agreed to join Athletico Paranaense, where he started his illustrious career.

 

The defensive midfielder joined City in 2013 for £34million and became an integral part of the dominant team that won five Premier League titles.

 

Fernandinho took over the role of club captain in 2020 after the departure of David Silva.

 

After leaving the Citizens at the end of last season after nine successful years, journalist Fabrizio Romano has said on Twitter that Fernandinho is joining Athletico Paranaense on a two-year deal.

 

Fernandinho started his career at Paranaense, making 72 appearances and scoring 14 goals between 2002 and 2005. He then joined Ukranian side Shakhtar Donetsk, before making his way to England eight years later.

 

Fernandinho made 264 appearances for City, scoring 20 goals for the club, as well as notably picking up 53 yellow cards and 4 red cards in the Premier League.

Continue Reading

Trending