Connect with us

News

FIFA approve 26-man squad for 2022 World Cup

Published

on

FIFA approve 26-man squad for 2022 World Cup

 FIFA approve 26-man squad for 2022 World Cup

World football governing body, FIFA has approved 26-man squads for this year’s World Cup in Qatar, increasing the maximum squad size by three for the November 21-December 18 tournaments.

 

FIFA explained that the decision to change the size of the squads for the World Cup was made because of the unusual timing of the competition, which is set to begin in November 21.

 

The Covid-19 pandemic has also played a role in the decision to expand the teams.

 

A statement from FIFA read: “Given the need to retain additional flexibility due to the unique timing of the FIFA World Cup 2022 in the global calendar, as well as the broader context of the disruptive effects caused by the Covid-19 pandemic on squads before and during tournaments, the Bureau has decided the following:

 

“The maximum number of players on the release list has been increased from 35 to 55.

 

“The number of players to be included on the final list has been increased to at least 23 and a maximum of 26.

 

“The final matchday at club level for the 23 to 26 players nominated on the final list will be 13 November 2022.

 

“No more than 26 people (up to 15 substitutes and 11 team officials – one of these officials must be the team doctor) will be allowed to sit on the team bench.”

 

This comes a week after football’s rules body IFAB approved the permanent use of five substitutes for all top-level matches and said teams can now name 15 substitutes on a team sheet instead of 12.

 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Mother and her six-year-old daughter gang-raped in moving car after accepting lift from group of men in India’

Published

on

Mother and her six-year-old daughter gang-raped in moving car after accepting lift from group of men in India?

Mother and her six-year-old daughter gang-raped in moving car after accepting lift from group of men in India?

A mother and her six-year-old daughter were gang-raped by a group of men who offered them a lift home in northern India. 

Police said the men had promised the woman and her daughter they would drive them safely back from Piran Kaliyar, a holy site for Muslims and Hindus, on the banks of the Ganga Canal, Roorkee, Uttarakhand province.

The alleged driver, who has been identified only as Sonu, already had passengers in the car when he agreed to drive the woman and her child, Police superintendent Pramendra Doval said.

 

Mother and her six-year-old daughter gang-raped in moving car after accepting lift from group of men in India?

Local media reported the mother said she had no idea how many men were in the vehicle.

The men allegedly attacked and raped the woman and her daughter in the moving car before they dumped the victims near a canal.

In spite of the ordeal, the mother managed to reach a police station, where she reported the crime. 

The pair were taken to Roorkee Civil Hospital, where medics confirmed the woman and the little girl had been sexually assaulted.

 

Police confirmed investigations are ongoing..

Continue Reading

News

Lady allegedly poisoned by her friends after she gained scholarship to study in France

Published

on

Lady allegedly poisoned by her friends after she gained scholarship to study in France

 Lady allegedly poisoned by her friends after she gained scholarship to study in France

A lady has lost her life after her jealous friends poisoned her to death.

 

According to Twitter user @EmpressAdusei, the deceased who was her niece, just gained a scholarship to study in France before she met her untimely death.

”My niece was poisoned by her friends because she had a scholarship to go to France I can’t even breath right now I’m actually finished… she’s Gone”

 

 Lady allegedly poisoned by her friends after she gained scholarship to study in France

Continue Reading

News

We shall not fail Nigerians – Acting CJN Olukayode Ariwoola speaks

Published

on

We shall not fail Nigerians - Acting CJN Olukayode Ariwoola speaks

 We shall not fail Nigerians - Acting CJN Olukayode Ariwoola speaks

Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), has promised not to fail Nigerians after taking over from Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, the former CJN who resigned on Sunday evening on health grounds. 

 

Addressing State House Correspondents after taking the oath of office, Ariwoola said with the support of his colleagues, the judiciary under him shall not fail Nigerians.

 

He said; 

 

“What Nigerians expect from me is to comply, preserve and abide and protect the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. And so be it. That is what I will do especially with the cooperation of my brother Justices of the Supreme Court. We shall not fail Nigerians.” 

 

On the current controversy at the supreme court, Ariwoola said; 

 

“There is no controversy in the Supreme Court. We are one with the Chief Justice. That’s why you heard the President said His Lordship, is disengaging on the grounds of ill-health. No controversy we’re one.”

 

On the welfare issues highlighted in the letter addressed to the former CJN, he said; 

 

“It was an internal memo of the court. It was not a petition. It was not a letter. It was addressed by the brother Justices of the Chief Justice and presented to him, His Lordship directly. There were issues to be resolved amongst justices.”

 

When asked if those issues would be resolved under his leadership, he said: “Yeah, we’ve started resolving it.”

Continue Reading

Trending