Connect with us

News

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his £72,000 watch

Published

on

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his ?72,000 watch

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his ?72,000 watch

Three people are due to appear in court after being charged for allegedly robbing former boxing world champion Amir Khan at gunpoint.

 

In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said Ahmed Bana, 25, Nurul Amin, 24, and Dante Campbell, 20, have been charged over the incident in Leyton, east London, in April.

 

All three are due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court later.

 

Scotland Yard said all three suspects, from north London, have been charged with conspiracy to commit robbery. Bana and Campbell have also been charged with possession of an imitation firearm.

 

Campbell has also been charged with possessing an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, and possession of ammunition for a firearm without a certificate.

 

Former boxing champion Khan, 35, was with his wife Faryal on High Road in Leyton at around 9.15pm on April 18 when he was allegedly approached by some men who threatened him with a gun before stealing his £70,000 watch.

 

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his ?72,000 watch

 

Hours before the incident, Khan was pictured with a fan while shopping in Oxford Street wearing his flashy watch, which is worth around £72,000 and is studded with 719 diamonds.

 

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his ?72,000 watch

 

An eyewitness told The Sun that Khan was visibly shaken by the ordeal, adding: ‘They were not hanging around. They got straight into the car and fled.

 

‘Amir had enjoyed a lovely evening with his wife and had been shopping earlier in the day. It raises real fears he was a deliberate target. It’s extremely serious. He was left absolutely terrified.’

 

Khan and Makhdoom, who got married in 2013 in New York, have three children, Lamisah, Muhammad and Alayna.

 

At the time Khan posted on Twitter: ‘Just had my watch taken off me at gun point in East London, Leyton.

 

‘I crossed the road with Faryal, luckily she was few steps behind me.

 

‘Two men ran to me, he asked for my watch whilst having a gun pointed in my face. The main thing is we’re both safe.’

 

Update: Three men charged after boxer Amir Khan was robbed at gunpoint of his ?72,000 watch

 

Detective Sergeant Lee Warrington of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command said:

‘Tackling robbery is a key priority for the Met and these arrests demonstrate our commitment to taking those intent on using violence, or the threat of violence, off of our streets.’

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

News

Britain’s fattest man who weighed over 349kg dies aged 37

Published

on

Britain

Britain

A man believed to be the fattest in Britain has died at the age of 37 of organ failure and sepsis.

 

Matthew Crawford, who weighed 55 stone at his heaviest, hit headlines in recent years when he took up an entire bay on a ward and four hospital beds for 18 months because he was too obese to move.

 

There was also uproar in 2018 when it was revealed that his care at King’s Mill Hospital was costing the NHS up to £7,000 a week.

 

Britain

 

It was claimed he habitually used his benefits to order pizzas and Chinese takeaways to be eaten in hospital – something he denied.

 

Britain

 

For much of that time he had been declared medically fit to leave, but was unable to be discharged due to a lack of appropriate social care being available. 

 

An NHS source at the time told The Mirror: ­”Everybody is sick to the back teeth with the situation and it’s about time it was exposed.

 

Britain

 

“There’s nothing medically wrong with Matt now but we’re powerless to get rid of him.

 

“There’s space for four people who need to be on the ward being taken up by one bloke who doesn’t.”

 

A year later he was finally moved into a specially-adapted care facility in December 2019.

 

A friend said Matthew had joined Slimming World in a bid to shed the weight for good.

 

But it has now emerged the 37-year-old Rangers and Lincoln City fan died last week from sepsis and organ failure.

 

Britain

 

Friends have paid tributes to him online as a “great lad” who is “with his father now”.

 

Nicknamed “Fatkid”. his friends reminisced about their time with Mr Crawford in years gone by, with one writing: “Sad news I’ve not seen him in years. Quite a lot younger than us If I remember rightly. RIP.”

 

Another wrote: “I’m actually in shock rest in peace matt now your with your dad causing havoc up there just like you use to do. Guna [sic] miss you buddy.”

 

A third friend said:”Sorry to hear this sad news Matt was a great lad.”

Continue Reading

News

Former Man City captain Fernandinho ‘agrees to join Brazilian club Athletico Paranaense on a two-year deal’ 

Published

on

Former Man City captain Fernandinho

Former Man City captain Fernandinho

Manchester City legend, Fernandinho has reportedly agreed to join Athletico Paranaense, where he started his illustrious career.

 

The defensive midfielder joined City in 2013 for £34million and became an integral part of the dominant team that won five Premier League titles.

 

Fernandinho took over the role of club captain in 2020 after the departure of David Silva.

 

After leaving the Citizens at the end of last season after nine successful years, journalist Fabrizio Romano has said on Twitter that Fernandinho is joining Athletico Paranaense on a two-year deal.

 

Fernandinho started his career at Paranaense, making 72 appearances and scoring 14 goals between 2002 and 2005. He then joined Ukranian side Shakhtar Donetsk, before making his way to England eight years later.

 

Fernandinho made 264 appearances for City, scoring 20 goals for the club, as well as notably picking up 53 yellow cards and 4 red cards in the Premier League.

Continue Reading

News

Nasarawa Senator dumps APC

Published

on

Nasarawa Senator dumps APC

Nasarawa Senator dumps APC

Godiya Akwashiki, Senator representing Nasarawa North, has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) 

 

Akwashiki announced his resignation from the party on Monday, June 27, during the inauguration of the construction of a 2km Nassarawa Eggon/ Galle road, in Nassarawa Eggon Local Government Area of the state.

 

The senator explained that he was dumping the party due to the alleged doctoring of the delegates’ list by the APC National Secretariat during the recently conducted primary elections of the party.

 

“You have seen and you are all aware of what transpired during the APC primary election in Akwanga. I have withdrawn from the race because delegates’ lists were doctored by the party.,” he said. 

 

“I have been under pressure by you to leave the party and today, I have answered your call to leave APC and to actualize my re-election ambition. In the next 72 hours, you will see a platform that I will join and we will all move together.”

 

His defection comes days after Femi Fani-Kayode, said 22 APC senators are planning to dump the ruling party. 

 

Continue Reading

Trending